Are you in need of the best humidifier for your bedroom? We have put together a list and reviews of some best humidifier for bedroom for your awareness. You can also check our best humidifier for large if you are living in a larger space.
For some people, bedroom is one of the most important places in their homes. It is a place where they can rest after a long day, catch up with their partners, read a book or novel while comfortably lying down, the list is endless. This is why nothing is spared from making the bedroom as comfortable as can be.
However, weather conditions such as intense heat or cold can finds its way into your bedroom and shift the imbalance. A Cold weather can lead to health problems such as cold, flu, hypothermia, frost bite, frostnip, etc. Also your toes, fingers, ears and nose are at greatest risk because these areas do not have major muscles to produce heat. In addition, the body will preserve heat by favoring the internal organs and thus reducing the flow of blood to the extremities under cold conditions. And hiding under blankets and duvet may not totally ease your problem.
Similarly, dry weather conditions can lead to potential health hazards as asthma, bronchitis, nosebleeds, or general dehydration since body fluids are depleted during respiration. The Skin moisture too is affected leading to irritations, patch, crack and dryness. Experiences such as dry sinuses, nosebleeds, cracked and sore lips, or shocks from static electricity are symptoms that show that the air is too dry.
So what is the way out, you may ask. You simply need a Humidifier. Humidifiers are electrical home appliance that humidifies the atmosphere. The device works by increasing the humidity or moisture in a single room or an entire building. Humidity on it part is defined as the amount of water vapour available in the air.
However, dry air or cold weather is relative to the amount of water vapour saturating the air. A cold weather means less high humidity and a dry weather means less.
What benefits does the humidifier afford your bedroom?
- Healing from illnesses such as allergies, cough, asthma, flu, sinus infection or cold is made quicker by humidifier because they lubricate the nasal passage and keep the throat moist.
- It helps to soothe certain symptoms of flu and colds such as irritation of the throat, nasal passages and bronchial tubes. You can therefore sleep and breathe easy.
- Sleeping with a humidifier in the bedroom help keeps the air most thereby protecting your vocal cords from crack and strain even immediately after you awaken.
- Research has shown that people suffering from asthma can use a humidifier to enhance their breathing especially if the condition is caused by a respiratory infection. However, doctor’s recommendation and proper care should be taken.
- It protects wood furnishing in your bedrooms. Moldings, doors and flooring may split or crack when there is too little or too much moisture in the air. A humidifier balances the humidity thereby increasing the life span of your furniture.
- Your skin stays moisturize and young looking. Humidifier prevents dullness, dryness, accelerated aging and flaking of your skin. This also extends to the lip and palm.
- Interestingly, Snoring can sometimes be caused by dry sinuses and throats. So staying hydrated can be of big help. So apart from drinking lots of water, a humidifier can come in handy.
- A humidifier makes the home to feel warmer and more comfortable. The more the moisture in the air, the warmer it feels.
- Jarring jot of static electricity around the home is a common winter sign. But a humidifier can help to lessen the shock in the air during this period.
- Humidifier release sinusitis conditions. During dry periods, sinuses don’t function properly but the moisturizing effect of a humidifier eradicates or lessens the condition.
After coming to terms on why you need a humidifier for your bedroom, another problem may be which brand to go for. A guide and review of the best humidifier brand to suit your bedrooms is given below.
Best Humidifier for bedrooms Comparison Chart
|Brand ||Ratings||Mist type||Sold By|
|Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier||4.5/5||Evaporative Mist|
|Honeywell HEV320B Cool Moisture Humidifier||4.3/5||Cool Mist |
|Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier||4.4/5||Cool Mist|
|Avalon Premium 5 Liter Ultrasonic Digital Humidifier||4.2/5||Cool Mist |
|PureGuardian Ultrasonic Cool Mist Personal Humidifier ||4.1/5||Cool Mist|
Top 5 Best Humidifier for Bedroom Reviews
1. Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
The vornado Evap40, assembled in the USA, humidifies up to 1,000 sq. ft. room space through the use of signature vortex circulation. Its Airlock water tanks are easy to fill, spill-proof and leak free unlike most humidifier brand with problems of leakages.
It comes with an adjustable humidistat for automatic humidity control and 3 speed settings – low, medium, high; so that you can control the humidity level.
The 4 gallon tank capacity provides up to 4 gallon mist output every 24 hours for a long, uninterrupted coverage while you sleep. The Vornado Evap40 is Simple to clean, and backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
2. Honeywell HEV320B Cool Moisture Humidifier
The HEV320 is small, sleek and portable; it therefore doesn’t occupy so much space in your bedroom. At the low fan speed, it’s as quiet as the ultrasonic humidifier. It boasts of running for up to 18hours at medium speed setting.
It’s small and light enough to easily carry under the bathtub faucet for refilling. The opening is large enough for easy cleaning and the container is shaped in such a way as to give a good grip, and set down with one hand without dripping water around the base.
It operates a 2 speed settings and the power consumption is merely 12W at low fan speed saving you money spent on electric bill. Running it 24 hours would cost pennies a day in electricity, or between $1 and $2 a month.
Its quiet operation, 50% quieter than HCM-890 model, ensures a warm, cozy and peaceful environment while you sleep.
3. Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier
The Vicks UV humidifier Kills up to 99.999% Bacteria, Mold & Spores. Its Medicine cup also allows for the use of Vicks Vaposteam or Kaz Inhalent to produce a medicated vapor that sooth irritated nose and throat membranes. What this means for you is a germ purified and warm air while you sleep.
It has a Patented Ultraviolet Chamber and can last Up to 24 Hours of Operation per Filling.
The Dual tanks enable Easy Filling. The two separate tanks holds two gallons of water. They are so small that they fit in a SINK, so you don’t go through the stress of climbing into the bathtub to refill the humidifier.
It also has adjustable humidity control with Multiple Output Settings. This gives you the power to exercise more control about how and where you want the warm mist dispersing.
4. Avalon Premium 5 Liter Ultrasonic Digital Humidifier
It is an ultrasonic humidifier. So, unlike other products, the Avalon Premium has zero noise technology. This enables you use it while sleeping with no disruptions or noise, making it perfect even for your baby’s room as well!
The Avalon Premium is ETL approved. This is an assurance that it is made from safe products and isn’t dangerous to use. So, enjoy quality performance completely worry free!
It multiple settings feature allows you to conveniently set the humidity levels to your liking. This can be done by using the easy touchpad or the included remote control for simple customization and maximum comfort.
Its 5 liter tank covers 40-50 square meters space; it features 360 degree mist outlets and a 12 hour timer to ensure that you get the most out of this powerful humidifier.
The built in replaceable filter will keep bacteria and germs from building up. They are the cause of bad odors and illness! A convenient cleaning brush is also clipped onto the underside of the tank for cleaning the humidifier and ultrasonic disc.
5. PureGuardian Ultrasonic Cool Mist Personal Humidifier
This brand of PureGuardian humidifier promises a quick Relief from dry air with Ultrasonic Technology that Immediately Disperses Mist Higher into the Air
It enhances comfort so you can sleep better with soothing cool mist, while making life pleasant for those with colds, allergies and dry skin.
Its silver clear protection fights the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the water tank.
The PureGuardian 10.8ltr promises up to 100 hours of run time. This is provided by a large 1.5 gallon tank that is ideal for medium-sized bedrooms.
It also comes with a easy to use variable 3-speed mist control; an on/off night light control feature and timer in a space-saving tower design.
Going for a humidifier that would serve bedroom purposes can be tricky is proper information and research is not undertaken. A bedroom humidifier should run quietly so that your sleeps don’t get disturbed, it should be space-conservative. You don’t want a humidifier that leaves no room for you and other properties.
You should also be concerned about going for a humidifier that is easy to clean and maintain since you will be running it almost every night. In addition, a humidifier that can work throughout the night is a good purchase. You should therefore go for one with large water holding capacity.
Finally, endeavor to go for a humidifier that is budget friendly and effective. Hopefully, the review done above would help in you in your decision making because humidifiers are priceless possession to adorn your bedrooms.