Humidifiers benefits babies greatly during the winter and summer as the case maybe. However, our best humidifier for babies reviews and consumers guide is for parents looking for baby humidifier whether for newborns, little one’s or kids.
Here you will also find a good humidifier for baby congestion and cough relief. Getting a humidifier for your newborn baby will also make your infant happy as they can’t complain about the condition of your home and it is your duty to take care of them as they grow.
Babies are adorable, they stimulate such tender feeling and care from their parents and they can go any length to protect them from harm.
Do you know that dry weathers can have adverse effect on your babies’ health and skin? A dry weather means that the humidity level is low. Humidity is defined as the amount of water vapor present in the air. Water vapor is the gaseous state of water and it is invisible. It indicates the likelihood of precipitation, dew, or fog. A higher humidity reduces the effectiveness of sweating in cooling the body by reducing the rate of evaporation of moisture from the skin. They therefore act as a natural moisturizing agent that can relieve dryness.
Unfortunately, weather control is beyond the power of any parent no matter how much they love their kid. But this is where a humidifier comes in. A humidifier is simply a device that adds artificial moisture to the air so as to prevent dryness that can cause irritation in many parts of the body.
What are the benefits of having a humidifier in your baby’s Nursery?
- A baby’s skin is soft and sensitive to dry climates, this can result in red patches and chapped lips. It may also aggravate common skin conditions, such as eczema and rash. Since a humidifier adds moisture into dry air, it helps relieve your baby from irritation and dry skin. Your baby’s skin remains soft and clear by retaining its natural moistness. It can also be effective in preventing common cold or flu which is a baby prone health condition.
- Harsh or dry air causes frequent sore throats, dry sinuses and stuffy noses. Since babies are much more vulnerable to congestion, they easily fall prey to the infections and sicknesses that often run rampant in the cold months. A humidifier adds much-needed moisture to the air and creates optimal breathing conditions, allowing your baby to sleep comfortably and loosen the build-up of mucus.
- A humidifier produces a rhythmic, comforting hum which is suggestive of the rocketing sounds heard by the baby while in the womb. It can also be effective in drowning out household noises like dogs, television and kids playing, these could help lull your baby into a peaceful sleep.
Types of Humidifiers for Babies
They are two basic types to of humidifier to consider for your baby needs:
- The warm mist humidifiers: Some pediatricians encourage this type because of the warm air that they emit which can kill germs and viruses. The warm air also helps baby to breath by reducing mucus build-up and opening the respiratory passages.
- The cool mist humidifiers: The air released by this humidifier is cool or room air temperature because it does not have a heating element installed. This type of humidifier ensures that a toddler or young child cannot be burnt when touching or playing with it. A doctor may also recommend it if your child suffers from croup (it is a type of respiratory infection that is usually caused by a virus. The infection leads to swelling inside the trachea, interfering with normal breathing and produces the classic symptoms of “barking” cough, stridor, and a hoarse voice).
Either ways, both types of humidifiers will add moisture to the air. A product comparison chart and review on different humidifiers will help make your decision easier.
Best Humidifier for Babies Comparison Guide
|Brand||Ratings||Mist type||Sold By|
|3.5L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier By Anypro ||5/5 star||Cool Mist |
|District Warm or Cool Mist Humidifier||5/5 star||Warm and Cool Mist |
|Honeywell Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier||4/5 star||Cool Mist|
|TaoTronics LED Display Humidifier ||5/5 star||Cool Mist |
|Crane Drop Ultrasonic Humidifier ||4/5 star||Cool Mist|
|Honeywell Baby Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier||4/5 star||Cool Mist|
Top 6 Best Humidifier for Babies Reviews
1. 3.5L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier By Anypro
It comes with a premium plastic with anti-mold material, making it a perfect humidifier for your home and baby. It is an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier that can run 20 to 36 hours of continuous operation (depending on mist control setting) so you and your baby can breathe easily and sleep better.
The longer mist stream provides perfect coverage and leaves no condensation on the floor. This humidifier is suitable for bedrooms, medium-sized to large rooms and its antibacterial material helps suppress mold growth, but works best with distilled water or good quality water. Its Deep groove design greatly reduces leakage and increases resistance to compression so they are no worries about leakage and base crack. Its super quiet function always ensures you a peace of mind for overnight use
2. District Warm or Cool Mist Humidifier
This Home Air Humidifier can be used as a decorative item in your living room or nursery. The Clean, Modern and Compact Design come with neutral and trendy white color.
The Warm/Cool Mist Humidifier is equipped with the auto-shut feature which can shut off automatically when it is waterless or when you take out the water giving you ease and safety of use.
The whisper Quiet Operation & Ultrasonic Technology brings a very smooth and efficient operation. It’s warm Mist function can be used in winter to avoid Cold, Flu for your baby, it also prevents other annoying health problems such as dry skin or lips, prevents allergy, asthma, stuffy air, flu and cold germs
This Large Room Humidifier works most effectively and efficiently in the space of up to 400 square ft. With large capacity: 4.2L water tank means that it can work effectively in small to large area including baby/nursery room, bedroom, kitchen, work room and living room, bring cool moisture to the air.
It has Aroma Function and you can use this Humidifier with Essential Oils such as Lavender, Veroti, Ginger, Lemongrass, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Cypress, Geranium, Grapefruit Pink and lemon to add nice scent to your home’s atmosphere.
3. Honeywell Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
The compact size and fun color options make it perfect for small areas such as desktops and nightstands close to your baby’s bed. The MistMate Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier quietly produces a fine, visible cool mist that helps make you and your home more comfortable. Maintaining proper humidity levels helps reduce static electricity and helps keep throat and nasal passages hydrated.
It has an easy to use control knob with variable output settings and auto shut-off when empty. Its ultra-quiet operation means less noise for your baby as he or she sleeps and the large tank opening aids easy filling and cleaning. This is a portable humidifier that defines comfort.
4. TaoTronics LED Display Humidifier
This humidifier has an upgraded LED Display Cool mist humidifier with a micro-porous cartridge that filters the water from micro-organisms and bad odor. With this product, bad smell that might be present in the water is not a problem.
It also allows you some level of control to set the humidity level and regulate the amount of mist in your atmosphere.
With over a gallon of water capacity and a guaranteed 15 hour working time on a full tank of water you can be sure that it will last well into the night.
Other features include: LED display; built-in timer; sleep mode; and a 360 degree rotatable nozzle. It produces less than 38 dB of noise leaving you with a quitter atmosphere. This is a perfect setting for you and your baby to have a disturbance-free sleep at night.
5. Crane Drop Ultrasonic Humidifier
Featuring an award winning design and top rated performance, Crane’s Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifiers provide up to 24 hours of soothing moisture to help relieve the effects of dryness and congestion, helping you and your baby to breathe easy and sleep through the night peacefully.
Its clean control antimicrobial material feature is proven to help reduce mold and bacteria growth up to 99.96% and prevent the movement of germs, including the flu virus.
Its Crane’s Drop design complements any home’s décor and style, not excluding your nursery. They are easy to use and whisper quiet and includes a built-in auto-shut-off feature that engages when the water tank is empty to ensure safety.
They are especially important for your Newborns because they obligate Nasal Breathers, breathing only through their tiny noses for their first 4 – 6 months and any congestion can make breathing, feeding, and sleeping incredibly difficult for your little one.
6. Honeywell Baby Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
Its QuietCare Performance boasts of up to 25% quietness than other evaporative humidifiers to ensure to quiet and scenic atmosphere for your baby. With its patented germ killing process, this humidifier from Honeywell continuously kills up to 99.9% of water-bred germs, bacteria, mold, and spores in the water.
Its Break resistant water tank with wide opening makes it easy for you to fill and clean. There is also a 3 speed settings to adjust moisture output and sound level.
Its wicking filter removes impurities from water reducing white dust and providing clean moisture output. It can run up to 24 hours per filling on low setting.
There is no better way to show that you care for your baby’s health and comfort than to invest in a humidifier. The advantages are endless; prevention is better than cure goes a popular saying.
In our previous post we look at some best cool mist humidifiers that are also nice for babies which will recommend you read as well.