Are you looking for a filterless humidifier? We can help you determine the best filterless humidifier through our reviews and guide of top humidifiers without filters reviewed here. In addition, the benefits of filter-free humidifier, advantages and disadvantages. How to care for a filterless unit also provided. Find the interesting details below.
The Harmattan and winter periods is characterized by dryness and intense sunlight. It is often an uncomfortable period for those who do not know how to manage it effectively. During the dry period, the level of humidity, defined as the amount of water vapor present in the air, drops causing unpleasant problems.
Such problems includes dry skin, dry or sore throat, blocked nose, cold or flu infections. In addition, cracked lips, patched skin, sinusitis, congested nose, headaches and a general discomfort. In order to help control these conditions, the humidity level in your home or offices can be artificially boosted with a humidifier.
A humidifier is an essential household appliance that increases humidity or moisture in a single room or an entire building. For single rooms, a portable humidifier is commonly used to add humidity while a furnace humidifier, which can be connects to your HVAC system, can provide humidity to the entire house. It is especially good for babies and people suffering from respiratory problems such as asthma and sinus problems and for those who are allergic to dust and pollution.
Derivable benefits from investing in a humidifier
- Cold, dry air gives saps moisture from your skin. A humidifier can help prevent this by increasing the humidity level that will leave your skin glowing and vibrant all day.
- Humidifier reduces the risk of infections since viruses and bacteria can’t function well in moist air.
- Winter air can dry out your sinuses, lowering your resistance to bacteria and viruses. So sleeping with a humidifier makes your nose and throat comfortable.
- It also keeps your nasal passages and throat moist helping you heal faster when you have a cold or flu. In addition, reduces symptoms of cough and sneezing.
- You may not know that dry air can damage wood furniture, moldings and doors etc. causing them to split and crack. Using this device can help preserve the longevity of the wood while maintaining your furniture for years to come.
- Generally, it improves sleep. We tend to snore more if our sinuses and throats are dry but a moist environment tends to feel warmer and more comfortable, which can encourage a good night’s sleep.
How to Care For Your Humidifier
- Endeavor to change the water often: Don’t allow dirts or deposits to develop inside your humidifiers. Empty the tanks, dry the inside surfaces and refill with clean water every day if possible. Although, make sure to unplug the unit first.
- Use distilled or demineralised water: Distilled or demineralized water has a much lower mineral content compared with tap water. This is because tap water contains minerals that can create deposits that promote bacterial growth. When they are eventually released into the air, they often appear as white dust on your furniture or pose danger to the air you inhale.
- Clean all parts of the humidifiers at least every three days with a 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution available at pharmacies; or chlorine bleach as recommended by some manufacturers.
Having known the benefits and how to care for humidifier, it is also relevant to know about the available types of the humidifier so you can select the most convenient one. The available humidifier in the market can be divided in accordance with their working function and mechanism. One of such division includes:
Filter humidifier: This filter humidifier works by boiling and drawing water to a unit near the fan by using the filter. The fan then expels the water in form of spray or water mist. They are considered to be the most used type for decades
Filterless humidifier produces water mist by using sound variations having high frequency; the mist adds moisture to the room once it is expelled from the humidifier. These humidifiers generally discharge much gray or white dust compared to those having filters, the dusts are mainly mineral deposits of water. This is because it contains no filter for trapping the mineral deposits of water.
Another main difference between these two types of humidifier is the operational noise. In the filter humidifiers, the fan plays the most significant role so it is quite natural that they do make quite some noise but the absence of fans in most of the no filter humidifiers makes them operate quite silently.
Advantages of filterless humidifiers:
- They are easy to use as they come without filters.
- Buying a filterless humidifier means less money to spend in replacement on filters therefore making it cost effective. They are also quite inexpensive and use grid to remove dust particles.
- They are noiseless, so you can put them anywhere in your house, even in the nursery with your baby.
A review of some of the non-filter humidifier available in the market will help you make the decision on which best to invest in.
Reviews of Top 6 Best Filterless Humidifiers
1. Bionaire Ultrasonic Without Filter Tower Humidifier
This humidifier is a space saving attractive design with easy to clean filter free operation. Its stylish chrome accents look great in any space. It is antimicrobial treated leaving your air bacteria free.
It has an empty Tank Indicator, holds up to 1.5 gallons of water and runs up to 48 hours per tank filling.
The digital screen is a very nice feature with intuitive button to turn the digital screen off, in case you have it in your bedroom and don’t want the extra light. The spout works great, and the water compartment is easily removed for fill up. It’s very quiet, so won’t keep you awake at night either.
2. Automatic Shut-off Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The Ultrasonic Cool mist humidifier comes in-built with an Antibacterial material that suppresses the growth of mold caused by mineral salts accumulated from the water fillings. This translates to a cleaner and germ-free atmosphere in your homes. It is also feature a premium plastic with anti-mold material designed in USA. This gives it a sleek and attractive look wherever it occupies in your home. And operates quietly too.
The ultrasonic cool mist humidifier operates for an average of 20-36 hours. Though, dependent on mist control settings. You are therefore guaranteed of a perfect coverage for longer, cool-mist air while you sleep.
With this humidifier, you don’t have to worry about white or gray particles resting on surfaces in your home. There are also no worries about leakages and base crack because its deep groove design greatly reduces leakage and increases resistance to compression.
It is designed to accommodate medium to small rooms.
3. Variable Mist Control Humidifier
If you want extra value for your money, then this ultrasonic humidifier ensures that. Its large tank and powerful steam output provides ideal coverage for large bedrooms, offices, and other rooms up to 500 square feet, while the Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely moisturizes the air for 10 to 24 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easily and get more restful sleep.
It also comes with adjustable mist output to fit your comfort level with 2 included nozzles. It enables automatic shut-off which safely turns humidifier off when water level is low or the water tank is removed.
Its optional night light (blue, green, and red) feature offers soothing lighting for maximum relaxation and operation in the dark. Then of course, it operates quietly so you can have a noise free environment.
4. Honeywell Easy Care Cool Mist Filterless Humidifier
This humidifier is easy to fill, with an operating.1.0 Gallon Tank Capacity. It comes with removable dishwasher safe parts, easy wipe surfaces and easy sponge access to water reservoir.
The no filters requirement silently provides visible moisture with variable moisture output settings. Its illuminated Water Window and Auto Shutoff features indicate when to refill while the continuous water flow keeps water fresh.
The Honeywell humidifier is great for small to Medium Rooms such and runs up to 46 hours per filling.
5. Honeywell Designer Series Ultrasonic Humidifier
It is a non-filter humidifier with variable moisture control for customized output control. It produces a soothing cool mist from directional outlet to enable you channel where you want it to blow more.
It is easy to fill, pleasant looking, with but blue light water window. The humidifier runs on high for about 8 hours and turns itself off when the container is empty.
6. Holmes Warm Mist Filter-Free Small Rooms Humidifier
This is an easy to clean and warm mist filter free humidifier that gives you no hassle of replacing filters. It holds up to .9 gallon of water and runs up to 24 hours per tank filling. It has easy to remove the screw bottom for refilling unlike some models what use a gasket.
It is designed for small rooms and has a 10.5 Oz per pour output. Also, when the water in the tank is empty and the water in the heating chamber is almost empty, the automatic shut off will activate.
Whatever the purpose, be is for health or comfort reasons, a humidifier is one of the best home appliance to invest in. It works by adding moisture to your atmosphere and comes in different sizes and types. The filter humidifier works by boiling and drawing water to a unit near the fan by using the filter while the non-filter produces water mist by using sound variations having high frequency.
The above review on filterless humidifier enables you decide which to go for based on their selling features.
It was discovered that filterless humidifiers have a greater advantage over the filter ones; you are advised to buy a filterless humidifier if you want less maintenance and effective results, but do not forget to clean it regularly at least once or twice a week.