This guide is to help you determine the best essential oil diffuser by knowing what a diffuser is, the benefits, types, the deference between a diffuser and humidifier and also provides you with best rated oil diffuser reviews available on the market. However, by going through the entire article, you should be able discover a good diffuser unit.
Defining the Diffuser
Nothing beats an environment of nice scenting oil that is not only soothing, but therapeutic as well. These oil are made from plants extracts and provide emotional, psychological, and health benefit for the entire household. An essential oil diffuser is therefore an appliance that spreads these essential oils. It can be made from wood, ceramic, plastic, glass with additions of metals.
Differentiating Diffuser from Humidifier
Though there is seeming usefulness of a humidifier but it doesn’t in any way replace the importance of a diffuser. This is because while humidifiers are designed to primarily spread mist around the home, the diffuser spreads essential oil fragrant around a small space for offices, homes and spas and can be used at all seasons, time or place. They are also easy to use, portable and come with useful features.
Also, most humidifier does not have provision for the use of therapeutic essential oil, while diffusers are primarily for this purpose. And this 100% natural essential oil has healthy and soothing benefits (Aromatherapy).
- The soothing touch of essential oils streaming out of your diffuser help elevate your mood: Be it depression, irritation or plain tiredness, essential oils have been proven to have this calming effect and set the environment and mood for whatever daily activities – in the office, at home, on a self-organized date, parties and functions; the sweeting scenting and soothing essential oil is your ally.
- The use of minty flavoured essential oil in your diffuser keeps you extra cool in summer or dry periods. They can also serve as effective replacement for air-conditioners. Examples are peppermint, eucalyptus, spearmint, wintergreen flavours.
- Essential oils diffuser help you relax and sleep: It is like having your masseur at home. You don’t need to visit the spa often, or have to employ the services of a masseur to massage your body with soothing oils. This could cost you extra buck! You can simply purchase a diffuser and fill it with essential oils, then go on to have comfort and health at a readily available and less expensive way.
- Essential oils dispersed from diffuser help prevent illness: essential oils have anti-microbial properties that destroy the efficacy of airborne pathogens before they can cause further damage. This leads to a boosting of the immune system and keeps cold, flu and other such aliments away.
- It helps to improve breathing, this it does by reducing stuffed or congested airways through essential oil it diffuses. They are also helpful for those with allergies or breathing disorders like asthma, sleep apnea.
- Fast relief of pain: it is common for oils and balms to be massaged to the skin where they are painful areas or muscular tensions. The diffuser is a better way of improving the effectiveness of soothing oil in releasing tension and pain; even headaches.
- Diffuser improves mental capabilities: some essential oil, known for their power to stabilize body’s hormone are being spread through diffusers. And with regular use, they can aid in reducing mental and cognitive malfunction. Suffice to say they are effective in psychiatry’s hospitals, rehabilitation centers and the likes for treating patients with cognitive problems.
- With a diffuser, the risk associated with the use of Candles and Incense will be minimized. Curious children and pest can easily get brunt from scented candle or incense. But using a diffuser gives you the desired effect less hazardously.
- Essential oils from diffuser are repulsive to Insects like houseflies, mosquitoes, moths, fire-ant etc. You therefore save on purchasing insecticides.
It is safe to conclude that essential oil diffusers are also cost effective. They help you save expenses that would have occurred from visits to the doctors, visits to the masseur, purchase of insecticides etc.
Types of Essential Oil Diffuser
Evaporative diffuser: this unit uses a fan to blow out the essential oils scents through a filter or pad. One downside of this unit is that the oil aroma is not concentrated or ‘thick’ because they seem to have been ‘watered’ down.
Ultrasonic diffuser: this unit combines water and oil to disperse the aroma of the essential oil into the atmosphere as fine mist. They are effective but not so much as the nebulizer diffuser. The ultrasonic diffuser can perform dual function- it can serve as a humidifier when the essential oil is excluded; and as a diffuser with the inclusion of essential oil.
Heat diffuser: this unit uses heat energy to disperse the essential oil scents into the air. Some uses high level of heat for this purpose and therefore do not produce a highly concentrated aroma, but the ones that use a low level of heat are more effective.
Nebulizing diffuser: this is a powerful diffuser that doesn’t use fan, heat or water to disperse essential oil into the atmosphere. As such, the scents are powerful and undiluted for a better experience. It uses an atomizer (similar to the top of a perfume) to disperse 100% undiluted essential oil.
Top 9 Best Essential Oil Diffuser Reviews
With this seeming information overload, you may easily get confused on which diffuser brand would give you better value for your money. But that is where we come in. We shall review some diffuser brands further in this piece to help you make informed decisions. They include:
1. Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser by AromaSoft
This diffuser from AromaSoft creates a spa-like ambience in your rooms with its powerful 24v and BPA features. It is portable, easy to use and has seven rotating light colours to give your room the extra glow.
It is super quiet so you wouldn’t even be aware of its presence while it works its magic. And what more, it comes with a life warranty!
It has an Auto-shut off feature that puts off the diffuser when the water level is low or based on the time you want it to operate. It is not water-selective. So your tap water works just fine.
It comes with two modes of operation to choose from. The intermittent cycle works in thirty seconds intervals while the continuous mist mode works nonstop, filling your rooms with the soothing scent of essential oil.
2. PureSpa Essential Oil Diffuser — Ultrasonic Aromatherapy
The PureSpa diffuser is designed to spread long lasting 100% all-natural essential oils aroma coverage for up to 7 hours.
It is also built to refresh and soothe up to 250 square feet of room space. You can therefore trust it to lessen breathing and health conditions such as cold, allergies, asthma, nasal congestion etc.
If you are a smoker or have a live-in smoker, the Purespa helps deodorize strong tobacco smell. Even pet odors and other poignant smell are easily deactivated by the power of this diffuser.
Its whisper-like ultrasonic operation makes it perfect to use in a nursery, office, spa, yoga studio, or in any room in your home.
The optional color-changing LED light creates a relaxing atmosphere while the soft night glow feature doesn’t disturb you while you sleep at night.
3. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser
This diffuser is an upgrade of the URPOWER Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser. This upgrade is designed to generate more mist than the preceding product. With this, you are guaranteed of an increased scented and comfortable air to your bedrooms, hotel rooms, tabletops and even workplace cubicles.
It new and improved features include: 100ml water tank capacity, 7 color changing lamps (green, light and dark blue, yellow, pink, red and white); Adjustable nightlight, programmable on and off cycles (Intermittent and continuous) and automatic shut-off. Each of the features is put in place to give you the best healthy experience and extra value for your money.
It is designed with hard plastic material. It can last up to 6 hours to provide you with longer period of scented air. It also has an adjustable two mist settings feature for continuous or intermittently dispersion of essential oil. Its whisper quiet operation ensures a quietness that allows you sleep comfortably or go about your business while it operates.
Without adding drops of essential oil, it can also double as a cool mist humidifier to counter the effect of dry air and their prevailing health conditions.
4. QUOOZ Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
QUOOZ essential oil diffuser combines both scent and style to give your room a soothing and healthy ambience. It comes with 200ml tank capacity that can last for up 8-10 hours.
Unlike other essential oil diffusers, QUOOZ ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser provides a uniformed and consistent scented mist so your atmosphere doesn’t get too heavy or stuffy with repulsive smell.
Notable features include Auto shut off and custom light settings to give your home the best experience. It is easy to clean and more effective than scented candles or reed diffusers.
With this diffuser, you can be sure of having a spa-like experience everywhere and anywhere.
5. Now Foods Ultrasonic Wood Grain Oil Diffuser
One thing to love about this diffuser is its unique, sleek and portable design with LED color changing night light.
It doesn’t use or produce heat, so it is safe for when you have kids and pets around. It operation is extremely quiet; so you can rest easy and enjoy your scented air in a peaceful ambience. Especially since it can run for up to eight hours!
6. doTERRA Petal Diffuser
The doTERAA petal diffuser is a 3-piece compact unit that is easy to use and clean. It is simply designed with two buttons in the front. One is for activating the night light and the other is a timer.
It features 1, 2, and 4 hours diffuser settings. And when the 4-hour maximum timer is set, it almost empty’s before it turns itself off.
The mist is dispersed upward so that the scent permeates all around the room and not at a particular direction. The ultra-fine mist reaches up to 330 square feet to purify and humidify the air with aroma from essential oils! The size is perfect for a normal-sized bedroom.
7. ZAQ Allay Essential Oil Diffuser With Ionizer
If you love simplicity, then the ZAQ Allay Essential oil diffuser suits you. It is simple and straightforward with a one button function to turn on the appliance, turn and off the light or switch it off completely. Therefore they are no confusing options and settings.
It’s vibrantly colored top cone glows with soft LED lights that can be turned off if you desire so. The LiteMist aromatherapy system silently disperses mists essential oils into your space.
The 80ml water tank capacity can run for up to 4 hours; just efficient enough to fill a yoga studio, office cabinet and even an open lobby. The auto shut off ensures safety when the water runs out.
ZAQ Allay is BPA free and made of safe, health friendly materials.
8. InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Ultrasonic Diffusers
The InnoGear diffuser help disperse essential oil fragrance. It is proven to calm down nerves, boost healthy conditions and provides peaceful night sleep filled with pleasant smell. It neutralizes bad odours around the home.
It has a Whisper-Quiet Ultrasonic Operation for a peaceful environment. It can double as a humidifier to prevent dry, stuffy air and flu/cold germs infecting your loved ones. The mist also prevents dry skin in dry winter months.
The 7 Changing Mood Lights (Green, Dark blue, Red, Yellow, Pink, Light blue, White) are adjustable between Bright and Dim modes. It could also be set to run steady. This is an important feature especially when it is being used in your kid’s room or a nursery. The comforting light removes dark-room phobia and help them sleep better. The lights also create a scenic ambience.
It operates in 2 Working Modes: in the intermittent mode, the diffuser turns on and off in 30 seconds interval while for the Continuous mode, the diffuser work without pause. When the intermittent mode is operative, it gives 3 hours working time while 6 hours is for the continuous mode.
Other features are: 100 ml water tank capacity, auto shut off, Extra Long Power Cord, 6 feet tall, and Weighs 11oz. Material: PP Hard Plastic.
9. GreenAir SpaVapor Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy
GreenAir SpaVapor is an ecofriendly, easy to use diffuser with advanced ceramic disc to avoid oil corrosion and meet your aromatherapy needs in a long while.
It uses a patented ultrasonic technology to produce an ultrafine mist of essential oil for use in your nursery, spa, studio, home and office.
Its features include auto shut-off for when the water level reduces; the directional mist setting gives you the power to choose where you want the aroma concentrated. It has six rotating LED coloured lights (blue, green, purple, and red) to add spice to your living room. They can be turned off if they are not needed.
It comes with 150ml water tank capacity, can cover up to 250sq. ft. of room space and can last up to 4 hours.
Basic Features to Look Out for When Purchasing Essential Oil Diffussers
No matter the brand of diffuser available in the market, they are some features that you should look out for before making a purchase. They include:
- Go for a diffuser that comes with a timer, this would prove useful in times when you want it to work for a defined time.
- Go for one that allows you more control Airflow on where you want the essential oil dispersed.
- An Automatic Shutoff feature is important to protect your home and the appliance from accidents and over-heating. This is does by putting off the diffuser when the water is low.
- You should also consider the area coverage offered by the diffuser; that is in consideration to your home or office space.
- A good diffuser should be easy to clean.
- It is also advisable to check the Oil Capacity (in liters) of the diffuser.
- Look for diffusers that allow for flexibility in adding essential oils
POINT OF ACTION
With all the benefits that a diffuser affords you and your family, you do not have an excuse not to have one occupying a pride of place in your home. Its soothing ability, health benefits, air purifying and insect repelling advantage can save you so much in the long and short run. And what’s more, this article has made it easy for you to make the best decisions through a review of some diffuser brands. The only thing left is to click and buy anyone of your choice.